Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Real Short Weekend Getway

I don't plan to go anywhere over the Good Friday weekend as I was pretty tired and thought to aze around at home for 3 days is good to 'recharge my battery'. Though the thought of driving up to KL for some retail therapy did came across my mind earlier but I dropped the idea eventually. I didn't want Alvin to drive as it's mentally drained. As a passenger, I can fall sound asleep while he is driving but I try not too. He aways have a tendency to speed and I was really worried and that's why I would rather stay awake so that I can ask him to slow down as and when. Nevertheless, the rest I wanted badly is still on top priority after second and many thoughts.

But possibly, his firend can read my mind ! His friend kept pestering him to go on Wednesday which I faltly refused. The pestering came continually into Thursday afternoon and again, I flatly refused. Phone came again in the evening and I must say this tie, it do shake my thoughts. Before I have said yes to Alvin, I've stared buying snacks for the trip ! Aw......you must have thought I'm such a hypocrite ! Looks like I wanted to go badly ! The deal that changed my mind was Alvin not to drive and he must promised to come back on Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, I wanted my beauty sleep dearly.

So, on Thursday evening, we called NICE coach and reserved our returned coach journey and lucky they allowed us to book. Out first choice was TRANSTAR First Class but as I know, it will be fully booked. Everythng happen so fast. Before I could catch up on some sleep, we are on the way to his friend'splace for set off our journey at 5am. Not to mention, I slept all the way to KL.

We stayed at Crown Regency Service Apartment. It was a mere 5 mins walk to KLCC. I like the location. But the 1 bedroom apartment ws a letdown. The room was dark even with all the lights switched on, the sofa was dirty and the beddsheet was yellowish white. But I believed it a trade-off. The room rate was RM198 nett with an excellent location. There's is really nothing much to complain about.

The highlight of the trip was the journey to dinner that Friday evening. A local friend f one of our KL groupies was hosting us dinner at a local restaurant. As all of us don't know the way there, they offered to send a local to lead the way. Unfortunately, this Goon Do who doesn't know the way too brought us on a merry go round spree on the expressway, not to mention it was peak hour and traffic jams were everywhere !!!! ucky Alvin wasn't the driver otherwise, I think he would have blow his top ! The dinner was great but the price tag was even greater. We got a shock when we got to know the cost of the dinner. It was a whopping Rm1300 for 2 tables. Good gracious me ! We didn't have dragon meat ! It was just a very normal local shophouse tze cha with aircon. Sharkfin of inferior grade. The only dish that I think it's expensive is the big head prawns. The rest of the dish is just common items. We were really atonished. We fuuly believed the shop owner has over charged us as the person who pays is not local. Such kind of unscrupulous business tactics once is enough, I have sinced threw away the shop's namecard. I don't think I'm going to be stupid enough to recommend people there to get 'chop' up like a radish.

I've spend the next day shopping at KLCC and I like the place this time round. I don't know why. We ate a lot, shop alot but I didn't buy much, as you know, Alvin is with me. How much can I buy with him around....... We left the hotel at 4pm to catch our coach back home at 5pm. The journey was smooth. Water and sandwich was served onboard. Although Alvin couldn't accept Satay Chicken sandwich, but I finished all the stuff. We reach Singapore on time and there was no jam at the checkpoint. This is important.

As I mentioned earlier that sleep was my top priority this holiday, I've indeed slept plenty today.

No comments: