Sunday, April 30, 2006

D & D

We just had our (company) D & D during the recent trade association Annual Gala Dinner. Some ex-colleagues are invited back to join us as the present staff strength isn't enough to fill a table of 10.

Finally saw my chairlady wearing the $215 dress. It is a green knee length cheongsam-like shirt & WOW !!!!! She has to go braless. We (Jo & me) managed to catch a glimpse of U U :>

The evening programme was packed and probably due to the sudden downpour in the evening, the dinner started late, half an hour later.

And probably to avoid paying OTs to the part-time waitresses, the event F & B rushes to serve all 10 dishes when the programme was only about going through halfway. We were dissapointed as the association didn;t even bother to cut short the programmes or ask the event F & B to slow down the dishes. More than half the guests left for the evening about 3/4 way through the programme. The association has years of experience to hold such event but every year, it has been a disappointment. IT such a dusgarce they had paid big bucks to invite one of the bext jazz band to perform but to less than half the crowd.

Oh well, it's not the entirely fault of the association to make evening pretty boring. The guests too. Some of them are just simply too stingy with their applause, or simply they don't bother. They don't clap when award recipent goes to the stage to receive the award, they don't clap when the Karaoke contestant sang their songs.....whatever...they just don;t clap.

Luckily, we know how to enjoy ourselves. And I'm glad we stayed through the whole evening. Why ? Because I won in the lucky draw !!!!! Hee Hee Hee..... I won an IPOD NANO !!!!!!!!!!

I've won in lucky draw but never this lucky !!!!!!! I remembered I shouted, " I want to win this ! " when the compere said the prize was an IPod Nano. When it reads out the company's name ...... Ixxxx Vxxxxx, I can literally hear my heart screaming 'Sxxxxx Lxx' ! Yo ! when the name was read out, the whole table rejoice !!!!! Ha ha ha !!!!!

Have a look at my prize... ... ... ...



We took many many pictures that night but not with my camera....... I shall post some pictures later when our trade friends send it to us.

Shall keep you guys posted later.

No comments: