Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My First Rally

I've attended my first election rally this evening. It was held at Aljunied for Macpherson ward. It's our polling day this Saturday. This is the 2nd time in my entire adult life that I will vote. Though it's not the first time like many of my friends are, I'm still pretty excited about it.

It was the opposition rally. I thought it was good to hear what the opposition has to say and also to have a feel of the atompshere what's it like.



There were police around to patrol the surrounding as well as to guide the traffic. Many residents were already at the open field when I arrived there.

As the minute passed, I began to feel bored and left the place. Altogether, I spent about 20 minutes there. I guessed the speaker have to be an interesting person to listen to and able to connect to the crowd (probably it's just me who cannot be connected), otherwise, the crowd will just come & go.

3 more days to go, I shall see there's anymore rallies nearer to my neighbourhood and shall go and have a look again !

No comments: