Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Movie: Da Vinci Code

My company recently threw a movie treat to our business partners and associate at one of the cinemas. We booked the whole hall and there were about 200 guests that turned up for the event.

I must say the event was successful and all our guests enjoyed the movie thoroughly.

Prior to that, I kept insisting to my colleagues that I won't be watching the movie because I didn't read the book and I am also not a fan of suspense thriller stories. In addition, I need the pack up the stuffs and I am going to miss the part of the story and I definitely will not catch up the movie.

Guess how wrong I was. I still packed up, I still missed part of the movie.....BUT....I know what was going on!

The movie was being simplified so that even people who do not read the story book are also able to follow the plot. At least, my colleagues assured me this because they feedbacked the storybook is hundred times more 'kan cheong' than the movie.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and I am truly amazed by the 'skills' of the author who can imagined and painted such many 'stories' about christainity and the painting by Leonardo - The Last Supper. I am not a christian and therefore, I couldn't differentiate whether how false the author is. But I can only say, 'treat movie as a form of entertainment. If you want facts, watch a documentary instead.' Don't take everything so hard.

Post event. My boss, my colleagues and myself found this way of rewarding our partners as effective. Not much money was spent, taking into consideration that we enterained a pool of 200 guests.

We will, we may do it again :>

No comments: