Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

It has been one of the most enjoyable day for my mum and aunties last Friday. I took half day leave with the intention of sendng my evening gown for alteration, picking up my mum's amd mum in law's outfit and also taking my mum and aunties out for a good meal using the excuse of Mother's Day !

I cannot remmember when is the last time I brought them out for a meal. When my mum used to run business at the hawker stall, she is ever so busy everyday..... & when she can spare some time, I may be tied up and so, it just dragged and dragged......

And finally, the retired lady is so free nowadays but I still can hardly date her out. And so, with the excuse of all the above, we had a very good vegeterian meal in a restaurant in Bukit Timah, under my account..... and we headed Orchard for shopping.... I guessed they knew I'm a shopper but not a hardcore one.... I brought them from Wisma Atria to Ngee Ann City, to Paragon, back to Ngee Ann City and back to Wisma Atria..... We were all so tired after that and we had dinner at the new food court at Wisma. Despite it is already 8.30pm, the food court was packed with people. Oh well, maybe it's a Friday..... We decided to end the day after dinner. Not long, my dearie mum saw a bag in Chomel and my aunty saw an outfit in there too and she spent the time there until the shop closed.....

What a day we had and I was so happy that I managed to find time to be with mum..... I will try to arrange for more activities to bring them out...... they will be so happy ! & it makes me happy too..... probably because I'm trying to mend the lost time for 20 over years that I hardly spent with my mum while she was busy at the hawker stall finding $$$ to feed us..... & as children, we tend to focus on our own things more and much more as we grown up.....

No comments: