Thursday, May 24, 2007

Traditional Breakfast

I went back to office last Saturday morning to do up the RSVP for the wedding dinner as my computer decided to apply MC and have to be admitted into the hospital.
The whole of China Square Central was exceptionally quiet. Probably many compaines and organisation had gone 5-day week and so it was extremely peaceful at that morning time.

I have the urge to have half boiled eggs and my desired black coffee and so decided to get myself a set......

Hans - nearest to my office ... but no no ... at least not today. I dun like Hans to use Gardenia bread to toast and slap kaya on it. It's not traditional lor ...

Ya Kun - Next nearest .... passable for that morning if I dun have another choice. However, I dun like it super flat and crispy .... though .... I am still eat if someone offer ...

Toast Box - Hey, I suddenly remembered ! Toast Box ! Round the corner to Citibank. Furtherest away from my office. I had the traditional breakfast once at Great World City and like it ! So, even when the hot sun is shining brightly and sexily above my head, I made my way there to order....

Hee hee, hungry hungry ... despite ordering a set and just adding an extra piece of bread, 4 workers can actually keep reconfirming my orders while they faithfully doing up my set + extra... Traditional white bread which measure 1 inch at least when 2 pieces are stacked up with butter and kaya sandwiched in between. Finally it appears !


Black coffee in the usual styrofoam cup but this look a bit westernised but nevermind. What's impressed me was, they break my half boiled eggs into a small container without breaking the egg yoke and gave individual minature dark soya sauce packet and pepper packet (for the egg). Others have put their eggs in normal styrofoam cup and they don't give you any pepper or dark soya sauce packets. You just simply open up the cup with eggs and add in the seasoning before you left the coffeshop. Next, Toast Box seres their toast in a square - sized paper box to hold your toast. Space rnought to put 2 pieces side by side .... so cute !!!!!!!!!!!!! Others just simply chuck the toasts into paper bags .... nothing wrong with that though ...

Call me A Freak. I simply just love they way they 'ta pau' the egg and toast !

No comments: