Thursday, March 08, 2007

Earth Quake !!!!!

2 days ago, amidst pile of work toppling over my office desk, I dragged a stack of new office floor plan into my boss room at about 10 mins to 12noon.......

me: can I discuss wif you on the layout ?

boss: can can.....

me: u see har.......

while I said this, I opened up the A3 sized floor plan. As I lift the paper, I felt I swayed backwards........

colleague: YAH YAH !!!!!! Did you guys felt it ? The window 'pak' pak' seconds ago....

She rushed to boss's room.....

me: AH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boss: Cannot, cannot... very giddy .... I must sit down......

me: AH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EARTHQUAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister brand's Director came over, and told us so clamly to evacuate.....

Our poor pantry anutie dun know what is going on and was made to 'run' with us.

Best part, we still can take lift... hee hee.... hey, my office on the 41st floor okay.....

We thought we were quick, many were quicker ! A lot of people were gathering downstairs.... and we dun know where to run to.... everywhere surrounding us are tall buildings.

Apparently, there is a 6.3 earthquake in Sumatra, Indonesia.

We hanged around for about 15mins and decided to go lunch.

We still can joked about the whole incident and my colleagues actually thought her contact lens moved, that's why her PC monitor shaked.

We returned back to office at 1.30pm, thinking everything is okay and back to normal....

At 1.50pm, while packing brochures for courier, my windows 'pak pak' again. And the floor shaked again.....

Oh my god ! It's more serious this time and we ran again for the 2nd time.

This is such a horrifying experience. In fact, this is not the first time I'm experiencing this. However, I cannot imagine if it's a real earthquake.

What are we suppose to do ?

1 comment:

The Trivial Traveller said...

My office building management sent us an update 1.5 days after the tremors and an abstract of advise by SCDF:


"According to Spore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), during a tremor, occupants should be mindful of falling objects in the office such as cabinets, broken mirrors, glass etc and stay clear of them. Preferably, SCDF advises that occupants in a building should take cover under a desk, table or against interior walls. And if you are outside the building, do not linger near the building as any falling objects like a broken window pane can cause serious injuries.

The Building Control Authority has re-assured that buildings in Singapore are not likely to be structurally affected by such tremors. Hence, immediate evacuation of occupants are not necessary during a tremor."


So, next time no need so gan-cheong, run down 41 storeys!! Hahaha....then again, next time 2 floors only hor??!!