Friday, July 06, 2007

Compliment Email

Wah, it's almost 3 weeks i haven't touch my blog...... no good no good.... well, actually hor... I haven't completed my updates on my wedding & so I'm going to plastered them all over today & tomorrow....

I wrote a compliment email to the hotel about 1 week after the banquet and I was surprised the GM did wrote back despite my email was sent to him while he is on a family vacation ! That's the service and attitude of a 5* hotel .... this is what I wrote...


Date: 07 June 2007

To: Mr Sxxxx Sxxxx

General Manager

P** P***** Hotel , Singapore

Dear Mr Sxxx,

Re: Wedding Couple on 03 June 2007, Pxxx Ballroom

First of all, I would like to extend my congratulations to you for having a wonderful team of employees who had put together such a wonderful and memorable banquet for my husband and me on the evening of June 3rd, 2007.

I was attracted to the inclusions that P P has put together for the wedding package at P Ballroom. Highlights of the package which I personally think you have a winning edge over the rest of the hotels (of same category) are the 2 nights' stay in the Bridal Suite, complimentary printing of the wedding cards and the 45 minutes 'live' musical string trio.

My first point of contact with P P was with Mr T. He has been very patient and polite with both of us, especially my husband, A, who sometimes will make ridiculous suggestions during discussion. He is also very responsible where he will always inform me when he is on leave and let me know another point of contact if I need to look for during his absence. A very Big Thank to him and his team for coordinating the logistic required for the wedding.

Also I would like to extend my thank you to K, the Banquet Manager for the evening, K2, the Events Manager and assigned personal butler to us for the evening too, and to the dedicated team of waiters and waitress who has put up very good service (which is seriously lacking at home here) that impress many guests. Not forgetting the AV technicians too. They have managed to coordinate everything so smoothly within such a short notice and ensure no hicupps during the entire evening. Both K and team are so obliging to some of my requests at the last minute and I am very surprised and glad to know later on (from the guests) that they did more than what I have expected, more much than the guests have expected too ! K2 too, was always around us and springing into action so quickly whenever he is needed.

A big applause to the all chefs from HTL, kitchen assistants and helpers for putting together such a wonderful banquet. All the guests that both of us had spoken to have no negative comments on the food. In fact, I was told by many that this is the best banquet they have ever attended at a hotel. The feedback was, the menu for the evening was unique, with more than enough portion for everyone. Most of the guests enjoyed the food thoroughly that evening.

I have also fill in the online survey which I will not elaborate further here.

I would like to make some suggestions here which you may wish to consider.

Perhaps, P P can arrange for some tone of voice speaking workshop for the most frontline employees so that they know what tone to use to speak to the guests. Wrong tone of voice used to speak the same sentence of words could be very different meaning and may annoy the guests. I have encountered this in less than 30 minutes after check in which is really not such a pleasure and I hope future guests will not encounter the same incident as me. I have since feedback to T, K and K2 on the same day that early evening.

As we are throwing a chinese banquet, it makes sense to have chinese characters of the dishes shown on the menu cards that will be placed at each table that day. I was sort of upset and puzzled when I was told that P P couldn't do it despite there are chinese characters of the dishes stated in the contract that we signed.

Overall, our guests and ourselves had such a wonderful time that evening and we will definitely recommend P P as an ideal hotel to throw wedding events.

I look forward to working with P P again for events (not wedding definitely !) in the near future.

Once again, our sincere thanks to everyone who has put in that effort (big or small) to make our wedding banquet and stay memorable and successful. And also, thank you for your attention to have read this long feedback.

To everyone at P P, keep up the good work ! You deserved the applause !



And he actually did reply !

Dear Sheryl:

Thank you for your kind mail! I am most appreciative of the time you have taken to share your experiences with me.

P P has as it's primary mission the delivery of service that is personalized and tailored to each guest's requirements; that experience is really all about the people and hence the name badge that we all wear (which you may have noticed) that includes the Associates name and the statement "I am Pan P".............. A great deal of emphasis goes into encouraging empowerment and "having fun"..................I think it's all these things that creates such a uniqueness in our Associates.

Thank you also for recognizing the many "stars" we have with us that make P P what it is. Genevieve and her team do a great job! I am very proud of all of them and the rest of the team that you may not have had a chance to meet in person, but who support the round the clock services we provide. I will relay your kind comments to all of them! I have had the pleasure to be associated with this hotel for 5 years in the early 1990's and as the General Manager since January 2003. I love my job and feel blessed to work with the people I do.

Thank you also for your constructive criticism regarding tone of voice and use of a variety of languages at certain types of events. Via copy of this to Genevieve and her team, I will ask her to look into both of these areas.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us. We appreciate that there are numerous event venue choices in Singapore and thank you for choosing P P. If we can ever be of assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me; and yes, I will hope it is not your wedding again!

Best Regards,


I dun normally write compliments ad if I write, it will not be long. But this time, I decided to put in more effort and complimented the people who really deserve especially in the service industry. With a little encouragement, it will boast their morale and work satifaction further. These people will service their clients even more with an open heart and more sincerity. Bringing happiness to everyone, whther u are the reciivng one or the giving one.

No comments: