Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nature Trail @ Bukit Timah

It has been don't know how many donkey years I have not waken up in the early mornings (when the sky is still dark) for exercise.

But I have to do that last Sunday. Yes, you didn't read wrongly. SUNDAY.

My female colleagues and me were somehow being compulsory volunteered to join the nature trail walk of XX cdc briskwalking club.

The starting point was at Diary Farm. To be exact MOE Dairy Farm Adventure Centre.

Wow ! That sounds very interesting ! I mean the adventure centre lah....

I have very fond memories of Diary Farm because this is the place where we did abseiling during my poly days when I was once an active (never study) member of the poly adventurers. And so therefore though I (my bosy) resisted waking up to go do the walking, but most of brain was looking forward to it. I really wanted to go back there to take a look at the place.

As we walked into the cemented trail leading us up to the open field. I was very very excited and was yakking away our gungho days of climbing up and down to my fellow colleague, also from the same poly but I was almost 10 years here senior lor.... okie...stop....

What befell me right in my eyes when we reached the open field was a disappointment. The tranquil surrounding is still there.... but...but..but...... the cliff we used to do our abseiling was almost half covered by growing trees and branches !


There's no way you can access to the bottom of the cliff. It seems like this cliff has not been used for a long time. I still managed to find the 'opening' where we usd to climbed to the top of the cliff but it was almost covered by greeneries.

Even the nearby cliffs where rock climbers used to do their practice also look 'abandoned' for quite some time.

I couldn't helped by feel like a lost for something.

Hey, haven't SPA been doing abseiling ? Where have they all gone to ? Anyone can answer me ?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well this is the first time i view someone's blog. See u do have balance lifestyle, which is very good. Did not go through all ur blog yet but the Bukit Timah blog i bring back lots of memories. Indeed it seems like ages ago. 14 years has passed since we first visited there. Gone were the days which we were so carefree. Today life is so hectic and everyone is rushing through our daily life chasing our dreams.

Realized how workaholic myself nowadays. Work, work, work, travel, travel, travel. While rather successful in my career, something is indeed missing. How I miss my precious little gal... After a unsuccessful life, perhaps i have being drowning myself in work. This blog on Bukit Timah makes me take a step back for a min and think back those happy moments we had. Never thought that i would take a few min to write something like this but perhaps it help to share my feeling.

By the way, i might be posted to Taipei for 1-2 year start last quarter of the year, still have not gave my management my final decision. Task would be konck down the current team we have in our JV company and rebuilt. Would be rather challenging, start all over again from recruitment, training and business developement. Not entirely confident in this task.....

How much i would love to go back to those carefree days....Those days in SPA is still be the most memorable days in my life till today.

This has being the first time i actually pour out my feeling..