Thursday, July 19, 2007

National Day - Preview

It has been almost a month.

Every Saturday, for the past 4 weeks. deafening roars overwhelmed the skies at 6.50pm....

Ha ha... It's the National Day Fly Past....

The fly past used to be in the front of my flat when the National Day celebration was at the National Stadium. Even when the celebrations were in Padang, it was still flying past in the front of my flat.

This year, the National Day celebration is at Marina Bay and it will be there for at least the next 3 years. Helicopters have been zooming past my flat - this time from the back of the flat - for every Saturdays.

But there is a difference this time, the helicopters have flown so low that I can see the gigantic national flag flapping gracefully above my head. YES, IT IS INDEED GIGANTIC !

Within minutes, thunders roars of the fighter planes zoomed across.... er.... too fast for me, my camera, my hands, my brain all cannot coordinate at the same time to capture the moment of fly past.
Next time this year, I will not be staying here anymore. I wonder will I get such luck at my new flat ....

No comments: