Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Good Contacts to Share

A lot of efforts were put in to put the whole wedding together and I didn't have a package - all ala carte, I need a lot of referrals, word-of-mouth recommendation, friendship or just luck that help me to manage to put everything into place.

There is so far no setback and I am more than 100% satisfied from what I have planned for both of us.

I didn't want to buy my wedding gown in the first place. I went to see a number of bridal studios and renting one is at an unbelievable amount. For that cost, I can actually buy 2 at the boutique where I bought my gown...
Allure Charix, 92 Amoy Street. Tel: 65 6323 7868.
It's off the rack piece of gown. For every design, there's only 3 pieces and in S, M, L only. When it's gone, it's gone forever. I know about this boutique some time back but doesn't know they sell such affordable gown until Alvin's cousin told me. This piece that I bought was priced at S$699. During my purchase, there was some credit card promo going on and I brought home the gown at $594 !!!!




Zion Creation, Golden Landmark #01-34, Tel: 65 9627 4764

I got no intention to tailor-made my evening gown after a visit to another Bridal Studio which I set my eyes on a german lace fushia pink gown. It gonna cost me $1200 to rent ! And after a by chance passing by this seamstress's shop. I decided to scout for similar material and make my own evening gown at a fraction of that rental price. Worksmanship for this pink gown ? $420.
Material was found at Euro Silk, 77 Arab Street,
Tel: 65 6396 3053.
Cost of material for the whole gown ? $155


The Empire, (look for The Dressing Room), along Bukit Pasoh Road (adjacent opposite the hip Majestic Hotel).

I wanted a cheongsam type of tea dress but not the old fashion design.. Scouting this can really kills me until fi asked me to try Empire.... Indeed, within 10 minutes I decided to buy this $199. A lilac cheongsam inpsired one. And it was only until I tried it on, then I realised it's the same as Fi's 'bom bom' dress ! But for me, no way for braless, not enough to bom the dress and so spend $$ to buy a wonder bra....




You like my makeup ? From a word-of-mouth recommendation & turn out to be cousin of my dearie 'Lao Niang'.....

Make up Artist - Amy ! $450 for the bride, day & night wif hairdo....
(let me know if u want to contact her)

Co-oridnator for the evening.... none other than my both lurpy sistas !!!!

Fiona as the Emcee of the evening.... Joanna, tasked the most important job of the evening.... Button Presser ! She is the one to make sure the video montages worked !


Not forgetting our handsome Sam ! The other Emcee for the evening. Fi & him can just hit it off so well that they just rehearsed that evening at 5.45pm, deciding who to do the mandarin or english script... & carried out the show at ZERO hiccups !

Sam was so good that he immediately caught the eye of my mum-in-law and wanted to engage him to be the emcee for my bro-in-law's wedding ! But unfortunately, Sammy is busy with work and have to decline the offer.




Jie Meis aka helpers for the day !
They are just simply needed for the bride for every single reasons from holding the gown, feeding you water, holding mirror, fanning u, carry your things and YES ! collecting yr ang baos during tea ceremony and guarding all your ang baos and gold jewellery like a hawk ! And all these help from friends, PRICELESS......


And these flowers for the car. Fresh purple and lilac flowers on the bonnet of the bridal car. Seriously, I have no idea who did this. My 'ang' gamely took up this job ONLY out of a thousands tasks needed to settle for the wedding. Why ? Becoz one of his frens got lobang to make this.....

And we paid..... $228 for the bridal cars & 2 Jie Mei cars.














And who supply all these flowers ? Hand bouquet to corsages and flowers on my head .... My darling fren who has a skill for these.... She can customise to suit your request or match your gown... And not only that it just suit your personality as well..... She did my hand bouquet for my ROM that made my mum-in-law talks about it until now... her BIG orchid corsage for my parents-in-law mage my mum-in-law so happy too. And I paid for the cost of the flowers only. The worksmanship into putting all together..... PRICELESS....

If you like something different that normally florist or bridal studio cannot offer..... check my friend out..... Let me know and I'll give you the contact.

Any oh yes, not forgetting the person who capture down all these wonderful memories.... a strong recommendation for Sunny who supposed to be the one doing the photography.... Ms Vivien....... and I paid a friendship price which cannot be disclosed... But her normal rate is $800 for a full day wedding event for unlimited digital shots without print. More services can be provided at different rates..... If you like to hire her to be your photographer, let me know and I more glad to pass her contact on.... I seconded Sunny, she's real good.


And my video montages if you have watched them, specially done up by my good fren, Sunny.... It's PRICELESS again, but he charges reasonably if you like to have one done up, for whatever occasion you can think of.... let me know and I'll link you both...

I'm still 'trimming' the pics and will get it downloaded soon...... so, please be a little more patient... hee .....

No comments: