Friday, April 06, 2007

Chinese Dictionary


THIS has been with me since I was 13 years old......

It is kept in some boxes, somewhere round the corner of the room. So why is it on the desk now ?

Well, despite my best effort not to disturb her, I have no choice until 2 days ago that I 'woke' her up from her sleep after 11 years' of sleep. She has 'retired' since I was 16 years old.

I was drafting up the guest list for the upcoming banquet and to make reading and co-oridination simpler, I've decided to transfer all the chinese names that my parents-in-law and my parents have written into the excel sheet.

After so many years of of not really getting into reading chinese, I cannot read quite a number of words and have to retort to checking the dictionary to get the pronounciation right. So that, I can 'pin yin' in the computer and pick the right words....

No too bad afterall, I still remember how to use a chinese dictionary...... I manage to find out how to read all those words that I stumbled upon except 3 !

ha ha ha ...... I'll try harder ......

No comments: