Sunday, April 29, 2007

Voice Back

This will be much to the dismay of many people......

I managed to regain my voice back within - 24 hours !

This is the fastest record ever since the first time I lost my voice. I'm also much taken by surprise ......

That day when my voice was lost, I actually drank more than I eat..... basically, I ate because the western medicine to be taken after food.

You will never believe what I have taken into my stomach that day..... Here's a rundown....from western to chinese to natural.....

1) Alvin called upom his doc's fren to get medication for me the night before when I was very uncomfortable in the late evening...so I had tablets for loss of voice, the reduce of phlegm and antibiotics to kill all the bacteria......I have to take them 3 times a day faithfully :<

2) In the late morning, Stella said a chinese 'liang teh' is good for regaining voice but she cannot recall the name in such a short time..... When lunchtime, she finally remember the name of the 'liang teh' and bought me a bottle of blacky water and it's called 'Lo Han Guo'..... I downed it within 2 hours..... and I felt my throat more smooth and a little voice is back though I can't speak a proper sentence by at least a word or two....

3) I went Robinsons to collect my reserved lingerie and the Wacoal (aunty) sales person was surprised I lost my voice because the first time she saw me, I was very chirpy ! So, she recommended me to drink starfruit + apples + a dash of salt - juice, minus the ice. The drink will help to 开声 after that. Well, there's no harm trying so on my way home, I decided to drop by TBP food court and help myself to a cup.... And instead.... you say miracle or what..... I manged to speak at least a sentence or two though my voice is still very coarse...

4) While on my way to the foodcourt, I passed by a chinese 药材店 and decided to buy a bottle of 'Lo Han Guo'.... when the lady realised I am on the verge of losing my voice (though it was lost already the night before), she strongly recommended me to drink 止咳茶 andshe insisted I must finished it that night and no way to keep it till the next day as the 'strength' of the drink will be greatly reduced..... So, 'quai quai' I finished the whole bottle, waited for 2 hours before I finished off a muffin and took the western medicine before heading to bed....

The next day, I awoke with my voice back - still coarse, but at least I can rattle off a conversation.... instruct the movers what to take first, what's not to move first, etc..... & I can also 'suan' people too..... ha ha ha........

So you ask me which one actually helps, I also dun know... but the next time if I lose my voice again, I'm going to try all the above again.....

No comments: