Saturday, September 16, 2006

Can someone tell me what's on these young people's mind?

It's not a good day to apply leave today.

Well, if I know LH is giving birth today, I would cancel my leave and return to office.

Both JH and me on leave & LH is the labour ward, the office is really 'down' with junior staffs only. Luckily, boss is in town otherwise he will freak out !

Received smses during facial that LW wanted to talk to me about my dear intern gal-gal. I called back immediately sensing something is wrong in her smses and I was told my dear gal-gal wanted to take time-off at 4pm. Her boyfren is sick, down with flu and fever. LW refused to let her go as the office is down with staff and she had the audacity to tell LW that she has nothing to do anyway even if she stay till 6pm.

I am extremely pissed by people who doesn't have any sense of responsiblity. Well, at least she feel extremely responsible to go off to look after her sick boyfren. Hey, is her boyfren so sick that she had to rush to his side immediately? Like LW said, 'bey bey ko' couple..... *sigh*

Call me uncompassionate. THANKS.

LW had no choice by her pestering and emails that she seeked boss approval and boss allow her to go off at 5pm. If everyone is in the office today, I will not have a problem to let her go but looking at the office condition today, she should have know what she is doing. Moreover, she's on internship and everything she do is going to affect her appraisal and grade.

I thought I've been lucky to have her as she was more keen and quick to learn and much more proactive in her work. But if she gets distracted so easily and if this incident is going to happen again. I will be very displeased.

Tell me about it, are we (70s babies and 80s babies) falling into a generation gap?

No comments: