Sunday, September 24, 2006

Last Saturday for a (temporary) Bacherolette

The Forbidden City Musical impressed me again for the 2nd time. Kit Chan is equally good, as compared to the first time I watched this musical 2 or 3 years ago, when Esplanade just opened. Beside Kit Chan, the rest of the cast was equally good. Everyone acted and sang well. Hossan Leong & Sebastian Tan were comical and funny. Like Feifei said, they added jest and live into the musical as certain part of the musical was quite touching, especially when Empress Cixi managed to get reunited with her son and managed to catach a glimpse of the dying Emperor who eventually named Cixi's son the next Son of Heaven.

This time, I was seated in a good location. Row AA, It is the first balcony row on the 'foyer' and I was facing the stage.


Feifei and me met at 5.30pm and began window shopping along citylink. We wanted Japanese for dinner but the queue at Ichiban was long at 6.30pm. We wanted to go Humble House economical but the deserted dining place put us off as we were not sure whether the menu price in this Humble House economical is in fact humble enough or not lor..... In the end we settled for Shima Aji on the ground floor and we had such a filling dinner. I had a teppanyaki Beef set with Sashimi and Feifei had a Kaminabe Seafood set but the Kaminabe didn't seem to boil although Feifei requested for a 2nd fuel when the first burnt out.

Anyway, we had a good dinner and 'swayed' our way to the theatre holding on to our tickets :> Fei's company is really good to staff lor. The company bought tickets at a reduced price, further subsidised by another 50% of the purchase price and throw onto the 'floor' for staffs to ballot. They should continue to support the local arts scene as long as they can and I think they have th ability to do so lor. HA HA.


The show ended at 10.30pm as predicted and we moved on to meet bossy for Round 2. She brought mystery guests along and I was puzzled as she was meeting her Hi 5 whom I already know all of them. The mystery guests turned out to be Jean ! (used to be a programme coordinator @ Hemsdale where I did my bachelor). It was embrassing initially as I forgotten her name ! I kept repeating 'you are very familiar' until Tony said, 'Jean lah, from Hemsdale!' Wah biang, so pai seh leh !

We carried on to go M.O.S which is one of our shortlisted place. The other was Butterfly Factory, but we given up on this as we were already a few steps away from M.O.S. This is the 1st time I'm there and 'boy', it was a huge place! Feifei brought us to 2nd floor, we walked one round, zooming in and out of rooms....don't know what to do, went back downstairs....still the same...zooming in and out....still don't know what to do....Bossy wanted to go retro room and Jean said, 'It's upstairs, the one we stayed for a while'. Alamak, so mah lu......we been there, stayed there yet dun know that's the retro room. But can't blame it lah, they are not playing 'real' retro leh.....

In the end, we settled on the main section on 2nd floor..... our dear Gerald suggested to play 5, 10, 15 game. I was so 'stup' lor that I need 3 trials + 2 games to get the hang of it. I was almost the 'Drink Queen' in the earlier game as I'm always the one forfeited...but as the game goes, bossy became the champion lor ! HAHAHA !!!!!! She juz got it no matter which directions we went ans no matter how she swopped both guys around.

After dun know how many drinks, we decided to halt the game and move on to retro room as gang got infected with the dance virus.....This time, the room and dance floor was much more crowded. Bossy got me a hanging cradle and I offered to look after their bag while they danced. Seriously, the music they played, I dun know how to dance lor. I believe I am a very out-dated party-goer. Anyway, the egg-shaped transparent cradle rocked so comfortably that I NEARLY DOZED OFF A FEW TIMES ! My God, you would say. But trust me, if I need to sleep, I can sleep in the noisiest environment lor.......

So, in order to keep myself awake, I've decided to caught the Dancing Queens & Kings on camera. A bit blur lah.


Tony drove us to supper at Newton (new) food centre. We have fried hokkien mee, fishball noodles, stingay, kai lan....goodness....oily 'breakfast' at 3++am....... Newton look so different from it used to be and I was surprised by the lack of crowd at 3am. It used to be not like this. We finaaly lifted our butt at bout 4.10am and headed home.

We broke last week's record. I crawled into bed at 5am.

No comments: