Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Birthday ! ! !

Officially, it's my BIG 3 - 0 birthday NOW !!!

Coincidently, my boss's birthday was 22 Nov, mine 23 Nov and one of my colleague, 27 Nov. Since our birthdays are so close to each other and to spare everyone in the office of the cake - eating marathon, we decided to throw a party on 22 Nov! And it was on the way to collect my boss specially tailor-made cake, mentor and me made an impromto visit to a party shop, hoping to get a 'Happy Birthday' tag, we ended up buying many other things and the whole party became such a mini Mardi Gras.

Look at the table, we had so much food !!!! Can you imagine? 2 roast duck, 1 kg roast pork, 2 curries with Delifrance baguette, rojak, popiah, pan-fried dumplings, fried rice, fried noodles, fried hokkien prawn mee, bak kua, red and white wine, fruits, ang ku kuehs, cakes, and cakes, and more cakes, still cakes !!!!!! All thanks to boss and his good friends who send birthday cakes on his big day.



Do you like this cake? We specifically made - to - order for my boss. He has a liking to those traditional cream cake and we purposely make sure the cake is in his favourite colour, both outside and inside.



Purple has become his favourite colour after a 'shifu' said its his lucky colour. But pink is no way his favourite colour. He just like to eat those traditional cakes especially the pink colour part. He is now so into hokkien song, particularly 'jit kee sho ho sua' (1 small umbrella). So, we put a pair of umbrella on his cake ! Nice, right?

Are we getting too much into party mood? Or you are trying to be younger as you grow older ??? Dick Lee also threw a flamboyant birthday part when he turned 'half a century old'. Though, we are not there yet, some may come soon, some are coming much later (hee hee), don't you agree with me? The older you get, the younger you want to be....


Our birthday presents from our lovely colleagues. I got a gigantic Ang Pow !




Presenting - The mini Mardi Gras Masqurade !



The party ended minutes after 2pm and i cannot help but feel proud of the efficiency we had. We transformed the conference room back into the original state within a short time.

So now, I eagerly opened my gigantic Ang Pow..........


See what my colleagues got for me? Shopping vouchers ! PINK COLOUR one !!! They really know me so well.... hee hee


Fifi visited us late in the afternoon thinking she can escaped the cake marathon and how wrong she is.... She was smacked with the purple cake immediately she came. Ha Ha... in fact she help to finish that very last slice of cake that was supposed to be for my boss's 2nd round.

See what Fifi and Feifei got for me. I got a pair of 'blink blink' earings and a matching necklace. Fifi remembered I told her before that I can't wear fake metal earrings as my ears will get infection. So, they got me Perlini Silver. So thoughtful of them !



My mentor was trying to camouflouge the green hats after the party and so she tried by experienting to tie red garlands around the green cones. Green hats were never worn by men as there is a saying for men - 'wear green hat' means your wife is cheating on you with other man. Therefore, we decided to do something to the green hat as we intend to have a X'mas party later in the year.

Take a look at the finished product. Do I look like our X'mas tree ?


It was such an enjoyable birthday party although it was about like 2 hours but it has been one of the most memorable birthday I ever had. A truly 30th birthday !

1 comment:

Mr.JonJony said...

HAPPY Birthday from Spain!
Congratulation for your blog!I like it!Well done!

Bye