Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm Going Fishing !

We hit our target and we are now 20% more than what we have expected.

Everyone in the company is so happy and Boss decided to arrange for a celebration for everyone. We have decided to task our new gal to arrange this celebration. It was initially planned to go for a good dinner and then karaoke. However, after today's meeting and that we have to go for a site inspection for one of our next year's event, we have decided to make this site inspection to be our celebration outing. again, new gal was tasked to 'run' the outing.

We are going fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to a place in Pasir Ris where you can do fishing and dine at the restaurant. I'm also toying the idea of make do this as a birthday celebration for my colleagues. November is the only month in the company that you will eat birthday cake until u puke. There are only 6 of us in our team and 4 of our birthdays fall in November, better still, almost back to back to back. So, I told everyone that we can considering making a 4-tier cake. The oldest birthday person with the largest cake at the base, and follow up and so on..... HA HA HA.... My colleagues scolded me, 'siao ah ! U think wedding ah. 4-tier some more.'

Correct mah ! Rather than buying one cake every other day, straightaway we got 1 'tall' cake, for 4 person mah.... I think you can't get a birthday cake anywhere like this here lor.

Anyway, back to outing. Boss is so excited that we have to close office at 3pm ! It's makes us even more excited ! I don't think I got the patience to fish. Morover, I scared to hold the worm. So I told my colleagues that I will buy bread to go there feed the fishes and they will fish the fishes that I fed. Hee hee.

But this also means I have to go work at 7am maybe ! Work is piling and I can feel stress building up. I know it when I begin to think of unfinished work and work that should be scheduled to be done. Just MSN-ed with Fifi telling her that my MAD meter will reach Phase 1 (hopefully) this year as Group contracted a good frieght forwarder for annual shipment this time. I am so happy ! I met up with them yesterday and they have already got down to work with advance contact with my overseas rep offices to get the groundwork done even when the goods are not ready. How professional and I'm impressed !

Not like last year, the contracted frieght forwarder make almost a mess to the shipment and worst, some of my agents are giving me hell when the consignment arrive. Refusing to receive goods and chalking up nightmarish high storage fee at the port. My MAD meter really shot up to dun know which phase that I have to call my mentor to ask for last minute help.

As far as this time around, as long as my dear boss dun spring last minute surprises for me. MAD meter will be quite constant. Good news is, my mentor is coming in to office to help me. Yay, yay, yay !

No comments: