Sunday, October 15, 2006

Vivo City

I went for facial at Harbourfront yesterday and decided to hop by Vivo City (next door only mah) - the upcoming 'IN' shopping mall in the city !

It is huge indeed. Though some shops are still under renovation, 60% of the retail shops are already opened for business. That's what reported in the newspapers. Not many F & Bs yet some cafes and a new-concept Crystal Jade I found. From what I know, most of the restaurants are located near the waterfront and I can see many renovation are still going on there.

This is going to be my No. 1 shopping mall from now onwards. I'll tell you why.

There are many new brands housed there, though the prices are slightly higher than I can always afford. But it provides alternative selection when you need something different. The newcomers that I can recall are Principle, Trucco, Pull and Bear, Ted Baker, GAP, etc, etc.

The normal brands that you can find also seems different. I cannot help but feel that the shoes and bags selection at Vivo's Charles & Keith looks much wider range, G2000 looks more 'atas' than the rest of the branches. Marks & Spencer and TANGS look different with a wider range. The Marketplace supermarket looks better than the one at Paragon. Is this what people always mean that the pastures out there are always greener?

The whole mall looks like a mini Orchard Road. You can find almost everything housed under one roof, except I didn't see any mass-liked brands yet, Giordana, U2, Bossini, etc. Probably 'akan datang'. There aren't any maps or information boards seen around. Maybe they are waiting for more confirmed tenants to come in as it sounds mre cost-effective to put up these stuffs later when the mall is almost 100% taken up. Nevermind if you lose your way, ask him.

I saw this man in green standing on a small platform and people keep going up to him to ask for directions. Interesting !

Come end of the year, where all the shops and F & Bs outlets are opened, this place is definitely going to take away a slice of business from Orchard Road.

Have you been there yet?

Be there.

The next 'IN' place to be seen.

No comments: