Friday, October 06, 2006

What a Hazy Day

I didn't realise the haze was so bad until I was on my way home just now.

It was sunny this morning and I holed up the whole day in the office. Although it wasn't sunny, I thought it was just another cloudy day. How wrong I was !

I can literally smelled smoke in the air. The sky was red in colour, the moon is orange colour, covered with a layer of misty smoke. And today is Mooncake Festival which I like to call it the Lantern Festival. One of my colleagues even went to Chinese Garden to enjoy the giant lanterns of 7 Wonders of the World. I'm wondering now she is there to enjoy the lanterns or enjoying the haze....

How I wish a downpour will come and bring down the haze.


See the orange dot? That's the moon on a lunar 8th month, 15th day. Let me zoom in to show you an orange moon.


It was so terrible ! It never has been so bad before despite there is haze from Indonesia every year. I can't even see some of the buildings and hotel clearly.



If the haze going to be like this situation for the next few days, I think many people are going to take MC lor.

But I can't take MC ! Remember, all the men in my offices are away next week?

Fifi has got it right lor. my dear boss never 'let us off' even though he is overseas. And this time it is even more frequent. Maybe,

1) he is bored;
2) he doesn't like the destination at all;
3) he's getting jittery because of the global meeting where you may be summoned out to give a report of your market anytime lor.....

Well, maybe it is all of the above.

My mobile rung with smses almost non-stop the minute he got off the plane.

First, reported arrived liao and waiting for transfer; then complained the distance between the airport and hotel very far; then ask about sales figures; then ask got business today or not; then complained cannot sign in pacnet; then complained weather hot and humid; then text to ask BDM to bring polo t-shirts for him. I got to go and buy as company polo t-shirts ran out of his size. Lastly, complained hotel nearby no food.

Ai yo ! See? This is my boss. Very drama lor..... It must be all of the above reasons that tiggered his sms-ing frantically. But smses stopped by about 6.30pm (SIN time). And I can only suggest that his mobile phone run low of battery.

Well, in fact, I'm used to it already. I've been working for him for almost 2 years so I know most of his patterns already lor. Hopefully, my BDM can keep him entertained from Sunday onwards so that he will spared me some of the smses. Ha ha !

But I know, he will sure send me mms of those beautiful islands of Greece to make me drool. Hmpf ! :<

No comments: