Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Me Forgotten

I'm still in the office, but I MUST BLOG THIS !

Shasha called me this morning to discuss about classroom availability which I intend to loan from TMIS. And we followed on to gossip after 'business' talk. Apparently, they (you know who you are) met up for a evening chill out session last Friday and they realised they had not called me.

Oops ! I can imagined how their reaction like at that time. Hee hee...no one mentioned this even I msn-ed with Fifi over the weekend. I joked with Shasha, 'Ha ha...they may think I will be angry and I ask to have flowers !'

Nevertheless, whether it was a miscommunication or forgotten about me unintentionally or with intention. It doesn't matter.

I like to let my frens know I'm not upset and I won't ask for flowers lah but if you like to send, hee hee hee, I don't mind - but must be edible stuff.

I have ever been in such situation before and it always, 'Oh Shit!' And our gang of frens will 'bah kat' and not to let the person who is being unintentionally left out to know. Ha ha....

And today, I blundered another matter that I have to go 'Oh Shit!'.

We have invited our overseas representing agents to come over and we hold a 1 day product training for them. I've screened through the attendance list making sure I take note of anyone who may have special dietary request.

But.......

I still missed out one. One of our agents from Southern Hemisphere, an island located in the Indian Ocean, is a Muslim. And they lunch was hosted in A CHINESE RESTAURANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so embarassed and felt like not being a good host and somehow also made my boss 'lose face'. Worst still, this is the MD of the company. I quickly put in vegetarian spring roll for him and luckily he said he can eat fish, vegetables and seafood. But I noticed he didn't eat much.

The MD left after the lunch citing he need to return back to hotel. I think he feels offended.

I haven't apologise to my boss yet and I'm going to do so tomorrow.

It never crosses my mind that there are people there who are Muslim.

But this also teaches me a lesson to always check for people's dietary requirement and never juge a person by their country. But if everyone is going to tell me that she cannot eat this, he cannot eat this...

Then how ah? How to suit everyone? You tell me.

:<

1 comment:

The Trivial Traveller said...

Eerr....about last friday. Go voodoo Sam!! He was the initiator!! Muahaha...


As for the lunch boo-boo, don't get too upset over it. The mistake is made but I'm sure your boss will understand it's not intentional. Just be more careful next time...cheer up!