Tuesday, February 20, 2007

$30 Movie Ticket

I went movie wif my ‘ang’ after the steamboat lunch at Fifi’s house. It has been donkey month’s since we last went for a movie. We are going to watch the Protégé which is a story about drug trafficking. I find that it is a bit sad to have such depressing movies as CNY blockbuster. Anyway, got handsome Daniel Wu to look at, no harm lah…..

And so, Alvin left the task of getting the tickets to his friend (& wife) who is going to watch the show with us.

When we met and had a quick dinner, both of us were shocked when the friend told us each tickets caused $30….. He simply said, ‘because it is CNY mah….’
I couldn’t concentrate on the dinner as it couldn’t figure out how can a movie ticket goes up so much just bcoz it’s CNY? Little did, I realised we were going to GV and he could have got the Gold Class movie tickets….

True enough, I was correct.

It was luxurious. Seats are business-class seating and you can move the chair and lie down to almost 170 degree. You are also provided a blanket to keep you warm. And you can also order snacks and drinks while watching your movies – must pay one lah….

I was so heart pained as $30 can watch 3 shows already ! It is really very wasteful and later Alvin told me his friend always watch movie in this class.. GURP !!!!! Not my kind of friend……

And so, presenting u 2 goon-dos who visited the first and only Gold Class movie theatre.

No comments: