Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Evening Gown - Confirmed !

I was so excited and happy !

Remember fuschia pink german lace evening gown I tried at M**** B**** ? Oh well, it too expensive and I couldn't afford it seriously, not even to rent.

And so, after an unplanned pass-by into a seamstress shop in Golden Landmark, and a planned visit to Arab Street on the 4th day of CNY. I have more or less decided to made-to-measure my evening gown, in fuschia pink too ! But at a much reduced price - I hoped.

I made an appointment with the seamstress on Saturday afternoon and never did I realised that I’m impressed with the seamstress and her mum’s friendliness and her reasonable price for the worksmanship, I did to let her do my evening gown. With my lurpy sister, Fifi, as accompaniment, she gave my advices on the fuschia laces I’ve laid my eyes on and helped me in my bargaining ! Ha ha ha ! In the end, I paid $155 for 5.5m of laces and 5.5m of satin.

By then, we are both tired and had to quickly rushed home to get change to go Chingay Parade tonight !

This is the first time I am going to a function as VIP and I was excited !

I’ll talk more about Chingay on the next post.

No comments: