Monday, February 26, 2007

Kampung = Community Gathering

Yawn….. so tired…..not enough sleep

Yesterday, I attended a community gathering which I had RSVP-ed earlier….. hearing that the performance troops are being invited to perform in Chingay. Once of them is something something circus…. I was so excited ! Circus !!!!! So long never watch circus already !

The last time I watched a circus was about 5years back when the 24-hr convenience store chain brought in the last animal circus from Russia. I have never been to a circus before and so I insisted to go. Because after that rounds of performace, ‘gah-ber-mem’ banned animal circus because of cruelty to animals or maybe scared the spread of all sorts of flu…

So this time, I was kind of looking forward to it although there are no animals….. But no !!!! They were ‘lancing & lancing’ all the time ! With some magic and hoo la hoops going round…… I was so sad and kept ranting... no circus.....

The best part was…… the next performance. We were treated to a African ‘ballet’ which impressed us for a while… Oh … they are not doing the tip-toed ballet but the feet stomping and clapping kind of African ballet, I assumed…. It just gone on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on……. We nearly died ! Ai yo, they stamped feet never ending ! My evil tiwn's turn to rant non-stop I cheated her got ballet.... where's the ballet...... and we bian-ed her to leave her cosy kampung dragged her to watch something we all ???? about...... We cheated her got dinner but ended up buffet dinner which some leaders from the roots of the grass had started woffling dwon the food even before the show ended !

Finally, it ended and we were so happy as finally it’s dinner time ! But to our surprise, we were greeted by horrendous queues where you can’t even see the buffet spread at all. That was 9.15pm. If we were to queue, I think we will get to see the trays of empty at 10pm.

So, the trio decided to head outside to eat but dun know to where. Lao Niang kept wanting to have teochew porridge which I dun know anywhere else except ‘Havoc’ Road… I would very much wanted to go Oasis but er…. My evil twin will kill us lor….

So, in the end, we had steamboat at beach road and was so full that we all couldn’t sleep when we reach home at 12 midnight…… steady hor ?

That’s explain why I’m so tired now coz I couldn’t sleep until 2am…… Yawn........

No comments: