Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wedding Gowns Part 1

And so I ‘kuai kuai’ listened to fifi today and called up all those shortlisted bridal shops to check out their operating hours and how many days they are going to close for CNY…

Since time is not on my side and I hope to see as much as possible so I have a better idea and nail down my gowns….

While many are located along the famous wedding street, Tanjong Pagar, I decided to visit the odd one out first.

So I happily make appointment to go G***** I*** and made the trip there alone. Both my lurp-y sisters who offered help was not available….. 1 got lesson and 1 said got no date but got dinner apptmt….. ????? Can someone explain to me what does she mean ????

Ah ! HAPPY VALENTINE”S DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anway, I thought I can cover 2 boutiques today as my boss is so nice to let all off at 5pm becoz it’s Valentine’s Day ! But in the end, I couldn’t finish my work and still left the office at 6pm.

The designer attended to me personally though I told her that I am going to rent my gowns only….. and my budget for a wedding gown and evening gown to stay within $500 - $2000. So, she took some of my measurements, check with me what type of designs I like and shortlisted about 8 for me…. But no lah…. Gurp ! try all, can die mem…. So heavy……. And I glanced thru all of them and tried 4 pieces…..
I particularly liked 1 of them….. and I think it’s nice – on me ! hee hee….. See the design…..


My drawing ‘eh sai’ yah ? Can pass ?

So it’s was time to start the haggering…. I was REALLY taken back when she told me that to rent, it will cost me $1100 for this piece…. ..I find the design is very simple, not much shimmering sewn on it, plain satin…… I blinked and ask further how much it’s going to cost + a evening gown and the price is $1480…. Looks like the profit is entirely from the wedding gown…. The designer wanted me to sign on the spot and I was not willing…. And starts bargaining with her….. She relented and said if I sign today, I will be given my hand bouquet free….. However, I keep insisting I have to discuss wif my ‘ang’ and told her that I will reply her after CNY holidays…..

And seriously, I find that it is pricey to pay $1100 to RENT a wedding gown….. probably because I had checked out A**** C**** which I know I can pay for about $600 $700 to OWN a gown, design similar to the one I liked….. and so, I find to rent a gown at 4-digit is SUPER EXPENSIVE !

Tmr, most probably will drop by the other odd one, M***** B****. Otherwise, I will pop by A***** C ***** to check out the gowns as their 2007 collection as arrive !

No comments: