Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Italian White Wine

The first one I’m going to recommend is called ‘mosquito wine’. If you take a good look and read the name of the wine, you will know why we give it such a nickname !

The first time I came across this white wine was at the atrium below our office. This hypermarket was holding a Italian Wine Fair. I decided to buy some wine to keep in the office since there is offer now as we always give away wines as gifts.

Those aunty promoters were so good and their service superb too. They kept promoting each individual wine from different Italian regions and kept feeding me and my boss samples of wine ……. And finally, we tried this and we were caught by surprise by the taste. It is very smooth, a bit sweet and fragrance. We like it so much that we bought about 3 bottles.

But we didn’t have a chance to open up and try it until about 9 months later when we celebrated my boss, my colleague and myself birthday party. We threw a lunch party in the office and decided to open up a bottle to try. Everyone in the office praised the wine and they were also caught by surprise by the price. It is only $20 odd and you can get it at the hypermarket at Suntec. Since then this become our favourite white wine.

Next, during the CNY eve reunion dinner at my in-law’s place, my father – in law was so happy that he wanted to open a bottle of white wine and made all of us to enjoy it with him. It was also very smooth and with a tinge of fragrance. It is not sweet though but it is still very nice. It is also very affordable at $20 odd and my father-in-law said can get it at the mass supermarkets.
If you don’t know what white wine to get, you may consider any of the above.

No comments: