Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New IC !

Finally, I decided to make my way to ICA to change my IC. You see, once you hit 30 years old here, your 'gah-ber-mem' will send you a letter to go change IC. THis is a much delayed chore as I should get it done by last November.

Okie, finally, it's done ! All in an hour's time ! Amazed and impressed. Technology really improves one's efficiency.

First of all, I didn't take any 'swee swee' pictures which I promised myself and so, I put on a little more make up than usual, make ICA my first stop of the day before my make up melts.

I went to take my picture first and realise they have gone digital. Wow ! ANd the best part is, once it is taken, it is linked to the counters and the lady just retrieve your NRIC and your picture that was taken minutes ago appeared on her screen ! Of course, I took back 3 pieces for other use next time lor.

Civil servants are getting so polite nowadays and greet you way before you sit down in front of the counter. Everything was taken in electronically including your thumbprints and I received my new IC within 30 minutes !

Yay !


And if you realise, I have 'Sheryl' on my new IC now !

haiz.....but I got to start going to banks to get my accounts undated with my new name......

sian !

No comments: