Monday, February 26, 2007

Chingay 2007

I attended my 2nd Chingay last Saturday but this time was SO DIFFERENT ! My boss asked me to go with him on the actual day and he had VIP seat. So, I am also a VIP !

Wow ! It makes me sound so important and really I am.

We drove into Scotts Road with no cars supposed to go pass on the extreme left lane. We were given way to give into Mariott Hotel carpark which is the official carpark for all the VIPs. We were led to register in the comfort of air-con and my boss was given an usher to lead him the way. In turn, my boss – the VIP, has to usher an VVIP. So, while they are waiting for the VVIP at Mariott lobby driveaway, my boss’s usher led me to my seat at the grandstand in front of Paragon shopping centre. Each individual’s seat was labelled with names, not seat numbers…. Wow…. I felt so privileged and I realised the President’s family will be seated beside me….. oh……

There were many VIPs this year and I got so up close and personal with so many Ministers, especially MM Lee !!!!!!!

The show started a 8pm sharp with blazing firecrackers and show after show. Definitely, the highlight for me is to witness the shared float which my company has a shared in it. No prejudice, I must say it is one of the nicest float but alamak ! commercial break on TV when our float appears, damm ‘sway’ mem…… This is the 2nd second such shitty thing happen to us. Bloody hell …….

The next highlight is definitely our post-65 MPs who danced to the groove of hip hop…it’s so hilarious !!!!!

The parade ended with beautiful fireworks ….. and seeing my fren, Ms community who is one of the performing troops liaison officer , standing by the road with her supermarket plastic bag in one hand …….dressed in t-shirts, shorts and slippers… SHAG !!!!!

Here are some of the highlights of the evening ….

Pre Parade – Rock & Roll Kids

Opening Ceremony with Firecrackers

Tallest Lion - Dance

Dragon Dance

Korean Military Band

Singapore Japanese Association

Dancing Elephant

Team Singapore - Gymnastics

Cai Shen Ye !!!!!

P65 MPs Dance Part 1

P65 MPs Dance Part 2

Fireworks

No comments: